The 31st Annual Island-Wide Food Drive to benefit the pantry at the United Methodist Church in Buxton is now underway and will run through Dec. 31, 2023
The pantry needs “everything” at the moment, according to Claire Schaaf, who along with her husband, Ray, have been doing the food drive donation pickups for almost 24 years.
Here’s a list of nonperishable items currently in highest demand (Note: please be sure to check expiration dates of food items before donating.)
- “Hearty” soups
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned tuna
- Canned chicken
- Jelly and peanut butter
- Spaghetti and spaghetti sauce (not tomato sauce)
- Macaroni and cheese
- Laundry soap
- Dishwashing detergent (for handwashing)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Bath soap
- Shaving cream
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Bathroom tissue
- Remember the pets (dog and cat food and kitty litter)
The collection points for this year’s drive are as follows.
- Frisco Market/Rod and Gun in Frisco (daily 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Our Lady of the Seas Catholic Parish Social Hall in Buxton (24-hr. drop-off box on porch of social hall, not the church)
- Surf-or-Sound Realty in Avon (daily 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Midgett Realty in Hatteras, Avon, and Rodanthe (daily 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Sun Realty in Avon (daily 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- United Bank in Buxton (Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
“Without your support, the panty will not be able to meet the needs of our island community,” stated Food Drive organizers in an update. “Monetary donations are always appreciated and tax deductible. If you don’t have time to shop, please send a check to Cape Hatteras Food Pantry, United Methodist Men, PO Box 1591, Buxton, NC 27920.”
For questions about donations, contact food-drive organizer, Linda Browning, at (252) 995-3662.
The post 31st Annual Island-Wide Food Drive is now underway appeared first on Island Free Press.Add to favorites
Credit: Original content published here.