The Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative (CHEC) is wrapping up its annual photo contest, with the deadline to submit a Hatteras Island photo set for Thursday, February 1.
Winning photographers in the contest will earn a coveted spot on CHEC’s annual calendar, as well as credit towards their electric bill. Prizes will be awarded to the top three winners: 1st place wins a $100 bill credit and will be featured on the cover of our 2023 Annual Report, 2nd place wins a $50 bill credit, and 3rd place wins a $25 bill credit. In addition to the top three, nine photo submissions will be featured in the 2025 CHEC Member Calendar.
A panel of judges will vote to decide the winners. CHEC will announce the winners in the April 2024 Carolina Country magazine, and all entries will be featured on the Cooperative’s website for the duration of the contest.
1. Only one entry per member.
2. The photo must have been taken by a CHEC member.
3. The photo must be taken on Hatteras Island.
4. The photo should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2024.
5. When submitting a photo, you must include the location, a brief description, the photographer’s name, and a title for the photo.
6. Employees and directors of CHEC, along with members of their immediate families, are ineligible.
7. The prizes will appear as a credit on the winner’s electricity bill and may not be redeemed for cash.
For a full list of rules, visit chec.coop/photocontest.
By submitting a photo entry to this contest, you are granting CHEC permission to use the image in any and all of its publications, including internal and external newsletters and website entries, without payment. However, photo credit will be given. CHEC reserves the right to disqualify any photo deemed inappropriate or offensive.
The post CHEC’s 10th Annual Member Photo Contest ends on Thursday, February 1 appeared first on Island Free Press.Add to favorites
Credit: Original content published here.