Every two seconds of every day someone needs blood. This lifesaving care starts with one person making a generous donation. A single donation can save more than one life. During April 2023, a total of 222 units of blood were collected from 230 generous Outer Banks Donors; 28 people were first time donors.
“The need for blood is constant”. said Frank Spruill, Red Cross Blood Donor Ambassador. “While 62% of the U.S. population can give blood, only about 3% donate. The actual blood donation takes about 10 – 12 minutes, and the entire process from arrival to departure is about one hour”.
If you are healthy and feeling well, please schedule an appointment to donate now. Appointments can be made by visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767).
Red Cross May Blood Drives
- May 1
- Manteo Baptist Church: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- May 10
- Our Lady of the Seas, Buxton: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- May 24
- First Flight High School, Kill Devil Hills: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- May 26
- Kitty Hawk United Methodist Church: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- May 30
- Pitts Center, Town of Southern Shores: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The post Red Cross announces 5 blood drives scheduled across the Outer Banks in May appeared first on Beach 104.Add to favorites
Credit: Original content published here.