Can it get any closer? The State Board of Elections website shows that the last vote count added to the Election 2020 total occurred at 9:25 pm Monday night. In the race for Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court, Republican Paul Newby maintains a lead of 285 votes over Democrat Cheri Beasley. That’s 285 votes out of 5,390,715 cast. WOW.
Why is this race — and every seat on the North Carolina Supreme Court — so hotly contested? Because the high court decides constitutional questions. Through the North Carolina constitution, we are assured that:
- Fundamental rights are protected.
- Loved ones and property are secure.
- Equal justice is delivered.
- Those who violate the public trust face consequences.
- The three branches of government are respected.
- The power of each branch of government is checked.
The post Tuesday 6 am Update: Paul Newby Leads By 285 Votes In Chief Justice Race appeared first on The Locker Room.Add to favorites
Credit: Original content published here.