The state Marine Fisheries Commission will meet online at 9 a.m. May 20 to hear updates on the southern flounder and shrimp fishery management plans.
To join the meeting either by phone or online, visit the Marine Fisheries Commission Meeting webpage. Following the meeting, an audio recording will be posted online.
Agenda items include the following:
- A presentation on draft amendment 2 to the Shrimp Fishery Management Plan and a vote to send the draft amendment out for public and advisory committee review.
- An update of the CARES Act Fisheries Relief Program.
- An update on amendments 2 and 3 to the Southern Flounder Fishery Management Plan.
- Updates on the North Carolina Fishery Management Plan for Interjurisdictional Fisheries and amendment 2 to the Estuarine Striped Bass Fishery Management Plan.
- A vote on notice of text to begin the rulemaking process for readopting a slate of rules under a state-mandated periodic review schedule.
- A potential vote on notice of text to begin the rulemaking process for rules to prohibit repacking of foreign crab meat in North Carolina.
Comments can be submitted during the meeting, online or by mail.
Register online by 5 p.m. May 18 to speak during the 30-minute public comment period, which is scheduled near the beginning of the meeting. To accommodate as many speakers as possible, the chairman may limit the time each speaker may comment.
Comments will be accepted until 5 p.m. May 18 through this online form.
Comments also may be mailed to May 2021 Marine Fisheries Commission Meeting Comments, P.O Box 769, Morehead City, N.C. 28557. Comments must be received by the division by 5 p.m. May 18.
For information on scheduled meeting topics, see the agenda and briefing book on the Marine Fisheries Commission Meeting webpage.Add to favorites
Credit: Original content published here.